Fit-n-Freestyle Trainer Recipes
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped celery
1 pinch kosher salt
1 (6 ounce) cans tuna packed in water, slightly drained
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1 tablespoon light mayo/ whipped salad dressing
2 pinches of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
1 pinch dried parsley
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.Add the onions and celery and season with a little kosher salt. Cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, mustard, mayonnaise and the sautéed onion and celery. Season with cayenne pepper, old bay seasoning, parsley. Serve with crackers.
For tuna melt…
Spoon onto half of the bread slices . Top each with pepper jack cheese and then the remaining slices of bread.
Spread butter onto the outsides of the sandwich. Fry over medium heat until golden brown on the outside and cheese melted about 5 minutes total.
Kale Salad with Chicken by Pamela
- 1 bunch lacinato kale (enough for about 6 cups of chopped leaves)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- Wash kale and remove leaves from woody stems. Slice leaves thinly.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt (if desired) and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat leaves completely.
- Divide kale into two bowls. Top each salad with a cooked chicken breast and sunflower seeds to serve.