Freestyle Modern Day Bean Salad
This recipe is a particular favorite of mine because it’s quick and doesn’t require any cooking. It also keeps well in the refrigerator and makes a quick anytime lunch.
Fat-burning star ingredient: Beans. They contain hunger-curbing protein and fiber, and are low in fat.
- 1 can reduced-sodium chickpeas
- 1 can reduced-sodium black beans
- 1 can reduced-sodium cannellini beans
- 1 can reduced-sodium red beans or kidney beans
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped sweet peppers or peperoncini
- ¼ cup capers
Rinse well and drain the canned beans. (Bonus: Rinsing the beans can reduce up to 40 percent of their sodium content.) Stir all the ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with the avocado dressing below.